The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:38:14 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Attn Fred : TFB Game on NGage question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Attn Fred : TFB Game on NGage question  (Read 1842 times)
guesst
Enlightened

Ancient Shofixti Warrior

View Profile WWW
Attn Fred : TFB Game on NGage question
« on: August 06, 2003, 07:44:37 am »

I recently saw that Pandemonium is being made for the NGage, the portable phone/gaming/orginizer thingy. You guys made that. Are you guys getting a profit cut, or are you getting screwed by your previous employer again.

Personally, I'd love to see pandemonium make you a little money, because that'd mean you could finish up UQM and make a sequel, and I'd really like that.

Yeah.

A new game and it's code each week. Please visit Cymon's Games
Yukki
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Attn Fred : TFB Game on NGage question
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 09:53:59 pm »

I heard that TFB already got a signed contract from Crystal giving them all their unpublished stuff back.  I think TFB were employed by Crystal, so all of the copyright of their published games like Pandemonium! should belong to their previous company. Btw, Pandemonium! was sold very well (more like half a million) and became a top seller of TFB. There is no question that TFB has always been an excellent game software developer, even if their next game is not StarControl, right?  
dog-eater

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 11:47:58 pm »

I dont think Crystal Dynamics will screw in any kind of way Fred&Paul. they are good friends and they even got drunk one day and. got married
guesst
Enlightened

Ancient Shofixti Warrior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 12:48:06 am »

There is no question that TFB has always been an excellent game software developer, even if their next game is not StarControl, right?  

Um, no offence Yukki, but if I remember their next game is a Disney Skateboarding game. Now, I love TFB, and their past work, Pandemonium!, Unholy Wars, etc, were great, but this sort of liscenced sell-out stuff, while it pays the bills, has failed to excite me.

Now, their NEXT game, given assuming that it allows them some creative freedom, will be great, no matter what it ends up being, I'm sure.

A new game and it's code each week. Please visit Cymon's Games
Yukki
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 02:08:23 am »

I mean their next next game, which might allow them more creative freedom than Disney Skate.  Also I believe the NGage version is just a format conversion which they are not taking part in. It means it is not a TFB's game -- at least I consider it so.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length