The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 11:25:39 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Angel cancelled!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Angel cancelled!  (Read 4428 times)
Spurk
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
Angel cancelled!
« on: February 16, 2004, 07:02:35 pm »

Grr! Argh! The TV show Angel has been cancelled! That SOOO sucks!

Sorry, just had to vent.
Shiver

Email
Re: Angel cancelled!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 06:27:58 am »

I saw some of that show when it was new. Personally, I'd say the whole vampire series thing got tiresome by the end of the second season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 07:07:34 pm »

Grr! Argh! The TV show Angel has been cancelled! That SOOO sucks!

Sorry, just had to vent.

they cancelled Firefly a while ago. i know your pain, but...

I saw some of that show when it was new. Personally, I'd say the whole vampire series thing got tiresome by the end of the second season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

i second that! im tired of goth.

~DEFIANT
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 07:09:41 pm by DEFIANT » Logged
Culture20
Enlightened

Thraddash Flower Child

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 01:26:46 am »

They're selling the firefly DVD with a couple extra episodes, but frankly, it's not enough episodes for people to want it a _lot_.  I was hoping that the Sci-Fi Channel would buy the series like they've done with others, and make new episodes.
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 05:33:56 am »

that would be good news, if they pick up the series. it had a interesting idea, and they pulled it off well, i thought. but i guess some people perfer their western and sci-fi seperate. at least they could of let it run on saturday. maybe replace "land of the lost" or "beast master". thoes shows are played out, and just plain lame. imo of course...

~DEFIANT

oh... and i guess ill keep an i out for the dvds. thanks Culture 20 Smiley
scirmast
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 03:14:58 am »

Heh, Firefly just started here in Finland. I've seen two episodes, but frankly I think combining western and scifi is a bit.. funny. The series is ok, but I was hoping much more, something compared to Babylon 5. The point is that there are many advanced worlds, but you only see a small portion of backwater planets. As you can never see the advanced planets, the idea of a full universum is ruined (as you know you wont be visiting them in any episode).

How many episodes of Firefly are there?
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 04:01:45 am »

Heh, Firefly just started here in Finland. I've seen two episodes, but frankly I think combining western and scifi is a bit.. funny. The series is ok, but I was hoping much more, something compared to Babylon 5. The point is that there are many advanced worlds, but you only see a small portion of backwater planets. As you can never see the advanced planets, the idea of a full universum is ruined (as you know you wont be visiting them in any episode).

How many episodes of Firefly are there?

6 or 7, about half a seson before it was cancelled. the reason there arnt to many advanced worlds, is because the crew lives outskirts of them. there was a civil war, wich captain served and lost. they were driven out by (cant remeber the name). so they wander on the outer most colonies. at least thats what i got from it all.

~DEFIANT
Culture20
Enlightened

Thraddash Flower Child

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 07:58:59 am »

And the further into the storyline, the more it looked like they would have to risk going to the high-tech worlds.
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 08:18:29 am »

ya, i know. just when it started to get interesting. i wanted to know what the background of "the preacher", was. he had to have some high level clearance. maybe a general or something. i hate when they pull stuff i get into. grrr...

~DEFIANT
FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 05:06:49 pm »

Do you remember what replaced it? - Anything good?
Spurk
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 05:41:29 pm »

i second that! im tired of goth.

While I can understand that feeling, Angel doesn't strike me as necessarily being "goth". Really, in my mind it's like Star Trek or some other scifi series but instead of having different "aliens" they have different "demons".

As to Firefly, I watched the pilot, but for whatever reason it didn't hook me. There are a lot of people who say it was good, so I've thought of renting the DVDs or something, but I haven't got around to it yet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length