The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:44:05 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Quick Review on 0.3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Quick Review on 0.3  (Read 1468 times)
Captain_Smith

Email
Quick Review on 0.3
« on: November 26, 2004, 10:19:16 am »

I thought I'd post a quick review on 0.3.  Maybe this stuff will have changed between now and whatever the current thing is, so who knows...The two major things I noticed in trying to play the melee are:

1) It's SLOW (then again I understand it runs under OpenGL so that explains away about 70-80% of it)!  I'm running on a Celeron 466 with 192MB.  I would hope this is enough resources.  I tried paring down everything I could but it was still slow.

2) The new zoom thing isn't really that favorable either.  It looks cooler than the original SC2 thing does, but the problem is I get a "shroom" thing going a lot of times with it wavering in and out so much.  Gives me a headache.

Any ideas on how to fix this stuff?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Quick Review on 0.3
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 02:57:56 am »

1. http://uqm.stack.nl/wiki/index.php?title=The_Ur-Quan_Masters_Technical_FAQ#The_game_runs_too_slow._What_can_I_do.3F

2. http://uqm.stack.nl/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Gendiscuss;action=display;num=1091560451;start=10#10

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Captain_Smith

Email
Re: Quick Review on 0.3
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 01:07:23 pm »

1. Looks like my system is well within the minimum requirements and I tried all that other stuff.  Guess I can live with it being slow on this machine.  At least it wasn't so slow as to be unplayable like Quake 2 was for me.

2. duly noted.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length