The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:16:31 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Some ambient
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Some ambient  (Read 1849 times)
Perky
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
Some ambient
« on: February 17, 2005, 02:13:13 pm »

I think many of you listen ambient here, right? I just thought that some of you might be intrested of my new song I finished yesterday. It's half-inspirational track played live.

Straight linking isn't working so you have to go to: http://www.mikseri.net/heroshima - and the name is "Echo". You can also listen other tracks from there if you like.

I hope you like it!
Chrispy
Enlightened

Vlik Dweller

View Profile
Re: Some ambient
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 02:14:24 am »

Very minimalist. I like it. I like how it doesnt get in the way, and how it doesn't break from its mood.

Its not the kinda thing Id wanna just sit and listen to though... but it would fit a film or something.

I think, as critisism, I should point out that its very plain. Non of those sounds sounded unique to me. Try making it wierder, but still as relaxed.

Perky
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 12:38:16 pm »

Thank you for the comment!

It's very weird that I haven't finished more ambient since I like listening and like doing it very much. I agree with you opinion that the song doesn't change much but I guess I knew it when I was doing it. Maybe some melodies of kind could fit in but also maybe not.. maybe I try out.

Damn, now I feel that I must make more of this stuff!
VOiD
*Smell* controller

Resident pseudointellectual

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 12:01:18 am »

I think many of you listen ambient here, right? I just thought that some of you might be intrested of my new song I finished yesterday. It's half-inspirational track played live.

My .02$:

- Interesting overall atmosphere, but at 5:30 without much development throughout, it remains best suited for background listening.

- Developing the improvised melody into higher registers around 4:00 and onwards works pretty well, I think. More stuff like this could make the track more interesting. Adding sound effects or other neat stuff could also help.

Damn, now I feel that I must make more of this stuff!
So do I. Be sure to post it here if/when you do! Smiley

I don't think so, therefore I'm probably not.
My Deviantart page | My Bandcamp page
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length