The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:09:56 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Mac OS 10.2 Uexpected Quits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mac OS 10.2 Uexpected Quits  (Read 1574 times)
cowboyx
Zebranky food

View Profile
Mac OS 10.2 Uexpected Quits
« on: June 27, 2005, 11:23:29 am »

Hi all,

Im getting an  Unexpectdly quit error when i try to launch Ur-Quan. looking in the console log it says

"undefined reference to _getopt_ long expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dyLib"

A quick google on the net would suggest that Ur-Quan will only run with 10.3 or later. Is this the case?

Any help appreciated
Cowboyx
seriel
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Re: Mac OS 10.2 Uexpected Quits
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 10:20:57 am »

ya i'm pretty sure tht must be it..i'm having the same problem with my osX 2.8...so.....seems like i need another 0.2's before i can play.. grrrrrrrr..that sucks
0xDEC0DE
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 05:38:57 am »

"undefined reference to _getopt_ long expected to be defined in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dyLib"

The bulk of OSX development on UQM was done under OSX 10.2, but I did upgrade to Tiger just before the 0.4 release.  This appears to have mucked up some things with regards to backwards compatibility.  Sorry.

For the most part, your options are either a) upgrade to Tiger (it's well worth the money, trust me) or b) build your own private copy from the sources (most everything is automated, you'd just need to get the Development Tools for 10.2.x from Apple and the required libraries)

I might end up installing the Xcode 10.2.x SDK and building a "compatible" version of the game in my Unofficial Releases repository.  This may take a while, however, due to some external factors.

"I’m not a robot like you. I don’t like having disks crammed into me… unless they’re Oreos, and then only in the mouth."  --Fry
cowboyx
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 06:10:15 am »

You might just want to update the compatability info for Ur-Quan, hopefully I'll be upgrading sometime soon.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length