The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:51:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  using precursor ship in super melee
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: using precursor ship in super melee  (Read 5886 times)
soup on your head

Email
Re: using precursor ship in super melee
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2006, 11:09:03 pm »

Why dont you just make a secondary extended melee mode that places both contestants with a stripped down Vindicator and an equal amount of RU which they can use to build up there flagship and fleet. It would be just like in the campain mode, only there's 2 hu-mans battleing it out. Each round you get to choose between the Vindicator or one of your smaller fleet ships. If your vindicator gets blown up before the rest of your shpis you loose the whole match, but as your flagship it can also be outfitted to be your most powerful vessel.  You could start the extended Vindicator melee after you select  the super melee screen where you could choose between the classic melee or the Vindicator melee.
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 03:58:38 am »

"Full thrust and turning?
9500 RU right there.
Two hellbore cannons?
21500 RU"

. . .Watching you enemies fly apart into radioactive dust. . .Priceless.

Thanks for the inspiration, Culture20.  Wink
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 05:36:36 pm »

Let's face it, there's only one ship that really stands much of a chance against the flagship, especially if it's at its peak: A Jugger. Even then, point blank range is a risky proposition at best.

Yehat would do well for the same reason.

If you're not going to go for a fast ship, then the Druuge may be able to pick it apart.

Well, we'll need to see. Was someone going to make this mod real, or...? Even just setting up the battle straight off the command-line with no UI would be good.
justanotherSC2lover

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 07:03:45 pm »

wow, never thought so many ppl would reply...  Shocked. glad you guys are seriously discussing this.

Anyways, wen i made the post i wasn't thinking about balance or anything. I just wanted the ship there for the heck of it. Like having just one souped up precursor ship against a fleet of other ships (with me on either side; but then again one will have to program an AI for the ship which would might be too tall an order)

If i was concerned with balance i'd purposely modify my ship accordingly. My idea was really just to allow the player to just have fun with it.  Smiley Although some people might get bored with it quickly.

Anyway, thanks again  Smiley

justanotherSC2lover

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 07:09:55 pm »

sorry namelessplayer, 4got to reply.  but yeah i go all out on my ship but not all the time. i'd like to fight an avatar with it...
HaJo
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 06:41:34 pm »

keep in mind how much RU it will take to make the Vindy a serious contender.

That would not matter much if both sides have a flagship + 12 ships.

This would be nice to compare the performance of different Vindy-configurations.

-HaJo

-HaJo
JonoPorter
Enlightened

Don't mess with the US.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 06:54:37 pm »

sorry namelessplayer, 4got to reply.  but yeah i go all out on my ship but not all the time. i'd like to fight an avatar with it...
I dont expect to see the mainship in super melee any time soon. So the most likely way for you to do that is to replace a scripted ship with the avatar. Like replace the ur-quan around vela 2 with a hostile avatar. I dont know how possible this is though.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. — Jonathan Swift

My Remake of UQM.
My 2D physics engine
Both are written in C#.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length