The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:48 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  help me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: help me  (Read 1941 times)
gliffor
Zebranky food

last man in the shofixti space

View Profile
help me
« on: January 22, 2006, 06:22:33 pm »

please help me! I'm begginer and I cant defeated kohr-ah !   Angry    and now I must play again. what can I do  at beginning of game. hhheeeeelllp mmmeeee

abidikgubidiktwistwislaklaklagalugatwistwis
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
Re: help me
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 06:33:49 pm »

Mine everything in the Sol system (where you start). Especially, buy thrusters so you move quickly... if you have enough speed, you don't need guns (and scrapping the guns can buy you a lot of speed!). Also buy several cargo bays so you can carry a lot  of minerals.

Ask Hayes about the old Alliance races, and talk to each of them and bring them back into the alliance (the Chenjesu lived in Procyon, Shofixti in Delta Gorno, Yehat in the Serpentis and Scuti constellations; the other three had no fixed home). If you feel you can escape from or fight your way out of a rough situation, also try enlisting the alliance's old enemies.

Listen to Hayes' advice on mining too. It's generally good.
Halleck
Enlightened

Personal Text

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 08:43:19 am »

You will find that clever use of the spathi can defeat the kohr-ah... some practice in super-melee will do you good.

Have you found fwiffo yet? Once you do, crew his ship up to full (30) and you'll be able to hold your own.

Still, it's not advisable to just saunter in to kohr-ah or ur-quan space. This is more of a self-defense tactic than anything.

Currently working on: Going outside more
^Nytro^
Zebranky food

BiG BeEf DiNnEr.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 12:36:24 pm »

also you might want to enquip guns in the back of your vassel as a beginning stratagy, so that you'll be able to chicken-fight nasty probes and other threats.

systematically go through star systems and drain stars from resources, skip some only if weather/bios are really dengerous. cause' afterwards revisiting skipped stars and systems waste time, fuel and give ya a serious headache.
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 03:24:11 am »

Call me crazy, but I think he's trying to say that he got exterminated by the Kohr-Ah after they started their death-march across the quadrant.

If that's the case... Well, just try to move faster, I guess. You should know where a lot of points of interest are from your first playthrough, so you can get to them much faster, without having to wander about trying to find that one particular star system that has that one particular planet with that one particular artifact... Syreen vault, I'm looking at you right now. Angry
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length