The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:51:59 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Stuck in PC-version of Star Control II : can't find Arilou hyperspace at all
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stuck in PC-version of Star Control II : can't find Arilou hyperspace at all  (Read 2340 times)
Teemu1977
Zebranky food

View Profile
Stuck in PC-version of Star Control II : can't find Arilou hyperspace at all
« on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:54 am »

Hi.

And sorry, if this message goes to wrong category...

I’ve been playing old game Star Control II on PC using Dos-Box 0.74. I have annoying problem; I can’t finish the game, because I can’t find Arilou Quasi-Space gate at all. Because of this Umgah Talking Pet doesn’t trigger…

I’ve finished the same game in -93 or -94 at PC that time. Now I’ve talked with Spathi and Melnorme about the portal, I’ve spent 3-4 hours searching the portal between Chandrasektar and Columbae, and still can’t find it! The coordinates 43.8:637.2 don’t work for me (I even looked at Youtube, there is a video of portal at 43.8:637.2)…

Please could someone help me? Is the portal in different place in original PC version? Some place other than Chandrasektar or Columbae? Or could Dos-Box 0.74 causing some problems? Where is the portal?

Thank You in advance, Teemu.

Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
Re: Stuck in PC-version of Star Control II : can't find Arilou hyperspace at all
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 10:56:15 am »

Terve Teemu!

(click to show/hide)

As far as I can remember the PC version has the exact same place and
(click to show/hide)
. I've played through that more times than I care to remember Smiley

What's up doc?
Teemu1977
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Stuck in PC-version of Star Control II : can't find Arilou hyperspace at all
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:29:21 pm »

Yes, I forgot to say that I've been there on those specific dates...

I'm wondering what has happened. I'm pretty near for the finale, and very frustrated, because I can't finish now... I also tested that place (and specific time) on a different saved game, but still can't find it. That's why I decided to ask this, if someone else has had the same problem.

Teemu
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 04:26:02 pm »

You can still finish the game.

(click to show/hide)
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 05:52:25 pm »

I vaguely remember someone having problems with events triggering before.
If events are broken, then you've got more problems.
Do the Slylandro probes still turn up?

(click to show/hide)

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Volka
Frungy champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 04:27:43 am »

Why use DOSbox to emulate Star Control if you can freely download and play UQM from this site!
I believe that the current version of UQM only has minor bugs, nothing like you describe.

UQM in spanish:
Here
Teemu1977
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 09:32:26 pm »

I tried waiting for the Kohr-Ah to kill all the races. When should this happen? I grew tired of waiting in 11.2.2061 and decided to end the game.

I'm so frustrated... I remembered Star Control II couple of weeks ago, searched for the game (I found it at my parents house) and tested it in DosBox. I was pleased to see it worked, and started to play the game. Oh it brought back so much memories from so long ago, from the time I was sooo young (sorry for being so sentimental and nostalgical)...

Then I had this Arilou hyperspace portal problem, I searched for walkthroughs in Internet and sent question about Arilou hyperspace to makers of walkthroughs. Finally I bumped into these pages, made a profile and posted the same question.

So now it seems I can't finish the game. Maybe I should download UQM and play it. Or maybe I should be like Utwigs and fall into big misery and sorrow...

Teemu1977
Alvarin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 09:50:03 pm »

Both solutions have their merits, but the former is somewhat more productive, than the later.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 04:47:37 pm »

If the events aren't triggered any more, then then the Kohr-Ah death march will never happen.
I recommend starting over in UQM. This may be a good time to try the Precursor remix packs as well.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length