The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:10:27 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  New Super-Melee Strategy Guide
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Super-Melee Strategy Guide  (Read 3376 times)
Valtteri
Zebranky food

View Profile
New Super-Melee Strategy Guide
« on: June 22, 2003, 08:06:09 pm »

I have started with my cousin a new Super-Melee Strategy Guide. That project is now named as "Mysteries of Xenon". Mysteries of Xenon is probably going to be released after summer. It's going to be in DOC- and TXT-formats and maybe in PDF if we are going to put some pictures.

We are going to do a guide which tells what ship you use against what ship and how do you have to fight. We try to do it so well, that the other player can use any strategy he wants and you can still won the battle. That's sure that some ships can't win another, but you can still get few crews from him/her.

We have done strategies for Androsynth Guardian and there has been taken many days for that. Example Guardian against Kohr-Ah Marauder; there went 1-2 hours before we could wrote the best strategies for both. Reason was, because both ships had so many different strategies, that they could use, so we had to wrote many strategies how to fight, when other uses some other strategy.

Mysteries of Xenon is going to be in English of course and in Finnish too. Because I'm not very good in English, my cousin is going to do translating. Doing the Strategy Guide is going to take pretty long, because we live pretty long each others and we don't meet every day. One reason is that now is going to be summer holiday and then we don't meet very much.

I hope that we are going to finish the project some day, but I can't promise anything. Really I don't know is there any reason why not to finish it.

Ps. We are using the original Star Control 2 -game with old computer, because a new keyboard locks up (playing The Ur-Quan Masters with Windows XP), if there pushes too many buttons at same time.

I hope you enjoy it! And I hope that there isn't better guide... Wink

Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!
Shiver

Email
Re: New Super-Melee Strategy Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 02:59:53 am »

You have my interest and support. Here are two strategy sites I've used. Feel free to steal everything they've got. Might want to ask for permission first, though.

http://www.geocities.com/jdaggar/starcon/

http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/shptoshp/
Chad
*Many bubbles*

PNF Webmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 06:33:29 am »

I'd love to "host" this on PNF with your permission when it's done....?

Also, if you'd like to pass on "preview" copies beforehand to ask for feedback from the general public, I can do that too.  Always need some interesting stuff for "Star Control News".  I'm too busy to offer just _my_ feedback though on the whole project.

"...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement."
Valtteri
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 03:54:54 pm »

If you could host it on PNF, I would be grateful. I don't know can we give beforehand very much preview. We are first doing this on Finnish and then we are going to translate this.

I'm not going to be very much on computers on July (maybe not at all), because there's coming summer holiday and I'm not home.

We are just ordinary people and we both can't work all the time with our project, but when it's ready... I hope, that it is going to be good. One of our goal is to do it very readable.

In the subject reads: New Super-Melee Strategy Guide. That's pretty widely said, because we are just doing ship-vs-ship-guide. If there comes anything more, they are probably going to be pretty small things.

Also with ship-vs-ship-thing we are maybe going to use some words what means always some strategy. Then, in the end of guide we are going to put descriptions for strategy-words. Example Guardian has to use many times same strategy and if we use sensible words, good things are going to be in smaller text and everybody knows what they have to do.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 04:05:22 pm by Valtteri » Logged

Valtteri
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 03:58:21 pm »

One of our goal is to do it very readable.

I really hope that it's going to be readable. More readable than my previous message Wink.

Shiver

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 05:53:38 am »

You should consider getting someone very fluent in english to look over it afterwards if you're going for clarity.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 02:58:07 pm »

I speak both finnish and english quite fluently (or so I'd like to think). Want me to look it over for you? It could take some time, as I'm working during the summer, but it shouldn't take too long.

What's up doc?
Shiver

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 09:53:34 pm »

It could take some time, as I'm working during the summer, but it shouldn't take too long.

Eh?
Eran Mekhmandarov

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2003, 06:24:26 am »

Please don't take this the wrong way, and it seems like you won't so:
"quote":

I'm not going to be very much on *computers* on July (maybe not at all), because there's coming *summer holiday* and I'm not *home*.  

We are just *ordinary people* and we both can't *work* all the time with our *project*, but when it's ready... I hope, that it is going to be *good*. One of our *goal* is to do it very readable.
Wink
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2003, 02:14:46 pm »

Eh?

Meaning I have a summer job as a waiter/bartender. This means that I sometimes work for 15 hours a day for a week or so, and sometimes for just 6 or 7 for a few days. So any translation work I do would have to be done during those "slower" periods. And since we rarely have a roster that spans more than a w week ahead, it's kinda hard for me to predict when I can work on this.

What's up doc?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length