The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:53:38 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Getting back to UQM after a while, couple of questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting back to UQM after a while, couple of questions  (Read 1669 times)
Torch
Zebranky food

View Profile
Getting back to UQM after a while, couple of questions
« on: March 04, 2007, 01:42:04 pm »

I was digging through archives on my harddrives, trying to find something interesting since I don't have any money to upgrade my PC and play new games. And I've stumbeled upon UQM which I last time played almost 2 years ago. So I came here to see what's been going on in that time and I see there's been lot of progress Smiley

Anyway, I have a couple of questions about the new version of UQM...

1. I remember that when I first played it, settings weren't getting saved and had to be set via command line. Is that fixed now?
2. I played SC2 when I was a kid and I both loved and hated it. Loved because it is the awesomest game ever, and hated, well, because if I remember correctly, there was a time limit in which game had to be completed and I like to take things slow and not have a feeling that I'm racing against the clock. Is that the same in current version of UQM, and if yes, is there maybe some mod that changes it?
3. Are there any bugs now that can stop me from beating UQM? Because I remeber I couldn't beat it because of some and that's why I stopped playing it in the first place.

That's all that  comes to my mind at the moment. Thanks ahead Cheesy
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
Re: Getting back to UQM after a while, couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 03:31:39 pm »

Welcome back!

1. I remember that when I first played it, settings weren't getting saved and had to be set via command line. Is that fixed now?
Yes. There's a nice setup menu too (almost finished).

2. I played SC2 when I was a kid and I both loved and hated it. Loved because it is the awesomest game ever, and hated, well, because if I remember correctly, there was a time limit in which game had to be completed and I like to take things slow and not have a feeling that I'm racing against the clock. Is that the same in current version of UQM, and if yes, is there maybe some mod that changes it?
Yes (UQM does not change SC2 gameplay, except to fix bugs) and yes.

3. Are there any bugs now that can stop me from beating UQM?
None that we are aware of.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Torch
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 05:07:05 pm »

Thank you for your answers.

I looked at the mods page and the Time Mod seems really interesting since I guess it does just what I wanted (to have more time to explore and do things in the game without modifying the timeline as De-Clensing mod does).
But I haven't tried it yet, and before I do, I have one question.
If I e.g. get bored after a while and decide to revert back to normal timeflow, would the savegames made with the mods work afterwards?
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 05:59:47 pm »

I looked at the mods page and the Time Mod seems really interesting since I guess it does just what I wanted (to have more time to explore and do things in the game without modifying the timeline as De-Clensing mod does).
But I haven't tried it yet, and before I do, I have one question.
If I e.g. get bored after a while and decide to revert back to normal timeflow, would the savegames made with the mods work afterwards?
As far as I can tell from a quick glance at the diffs (thanks for making those, Kohr-Ah Death!), the de-cleansing mod changes new games and loaded save games to have a later Kohr-Ah death march date (100 years after start instead of 4). Saved games from this mod will probably have the Kohr-Ah death march delayed in standard UQM, too. The time mod simply slows down the progress of time and produces save games that should behave normally in standard UQM.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length