The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:13:44 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Dictator Bush?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Dictator Bush?  (Read 8225 times)
Valaggar

Email
Re: Dictator Bush?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 05:15:47 pm »

Galvennmeister.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 07:19:40 pm »

Valaggar isn't goon.

Assuming that you haven't asked him, how do you know? SA is chock full of people, and people of all sorts.

What's up doc?
Shiver

Email
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 08:49:10 pm »

Quote from: Lukipela
Assuming that you haven't asked him, how do you know?

Intuition.

SA is chock full of people, and people of all sorts.

I have adjusted your post to better convey what you seem to be trying to get across.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 08:56:02 pm »

No, you've edited in a useless image. I can see how that could be confusing. Or I see what you did there. Unless that is the point you wish to get across. How witty and urbane. All my base are indeed belong to you.

Edit: Also,

Intuition

Intuition tells me how to live my day
Intuition tells me when to walk away
Could have turned left
Could have turned right
But I ended up here
Bang in the middle of real life

What's up doc?
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 10:28:27 pm »

SA is chock full of people, and people of all sorts.

I have adjusted your post to better convey what you seem to be trying to get across.

Hehehe.

But alas, Luki does bring up the inarguably necessary need for unlimited diversity in all places, which is completely relevant to the subject at hand. For if today, a young romanian vampire cannot get access to an elitist adult humor website, then tomorrow a cannibal will no longer be able to run a day-care center. And then someday we will be living in a time when a europan cnidarian no longer celebrates earth day, and the literacy rate of chimpanzees has dropped below the 0% line.

Without this kind of foresight, without Intellectualism in its most abstractly vague and politically motivating form, this would be our future. And so for this, I thank you, good sir. (Applause)
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 11:37:11 pm »

Where did that come from? I thought I got the last of them when I cleared out Spathiwa.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 01:40:51 am »

Where did that come from? I thought I got the last of them when I cleared out Spathiwa.

You must have forgotten the Crystal Planet.
countchocula86
*Smell* controller

Culture 20!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 07:46:19 am »

Aww those stars are so adorable. I'd pick one of them to be dictator, just so through all the speeches I could say "awwww so cute!"

I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 04:02:56 pm »

You have been fooled. The bear is not naturally violent. But the stars subtly and quietly drive it down that path, until it snaps and becomes a soulless killing machine.

Beware the stars. Tha stars are evil.
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 07:02:28 pm »

You have been fooled. The bear is not naturally violent. But the stars subtly and quietly drive it down that path, until it snaps and becomes a soulless killing machine.

So it would seem, if not for the star tatoo on the subject bear's abdomen, that you have failed to notice. This indicates that the bear has such an affinity for stars, that its exterior has evolved to attract them. I believe we might be looking at an entirely new species of bear, one that depends on stellar energies for its survival. A photosynthesis bear. A new phase in bear evolution, if you will.

This is not as foreign a concept as one might presume. The Panda bear has evolved to eat leaves, as has the Koala bear. The Teddy bear survives off a diet of wuv. The now extinct Commie bear ate nationalism and political prisoners in the harsh climate during the cold war.
xenoclone
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 07:35:02 am »

I guess since i started this thread that I thought I'd toss out that I wrote my local state representative about this and he responded. Basically was a vanilla response, but said he agreed there was potential for abuse there. I guess that satisfied me just to see he acknowledged there might be an issue.

In all honesty though, the erosion of democracy is sadly only my secondary concern. In all truth I'm terrified at the thought about how much money Americans dump into the middle east every day for energy. That's a trend I hope we can fix!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length