The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:07 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Any thoughts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any thoughts?  (Read 1684 times)
Slylendro
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
Any thoughts?
« on: May 06, 2003, 08:58:51 pm »

HELLO
i'm planning to make some short 3d movie sometime soon, anyway tell me how the xform got out? any suggestions for improvement?
-
http://slylendro.angelcities.com/starcontrol/mmrntest.avi
(save target as...)

oh and also, an old animation i made a while ago, never shown it to anybody i think. it's a guardian goin to blazer mode
http://www.geocities.com/slylendro/Androsynth.avi

(geocities file, save target as... also divx required) -- for me geocities is a bit screwed and while testing it, i had to wait like a minute until i could even start downloading it. geocities is troubles but i couldn't upload a 2 mb movie to anywhere than geocities

and i know that xviila from #starcontrol is also making a cool movie of an urquan dread attacking a group of cruisers, but only saw a part of it, it's not finished yet........ it may take a few years but it will be finished eventually.

anyway suggestions and ideas are welcome

p.s - try to run the mmrnmhrm in reverse Smiley
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 09:05:01 pm by Slylendro » Logged

It is as though your species' brain is too small to hold a simple thought
such as, WE WILL KILL YOU FOR DISOBEYING!
This is not a complex idea.
Mark Vera
*Many bubbles*

Me?You mean me,personally? How nice of you to ask!

View Profile WWW
Re: Any thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 10:39:37 pm »

The mmrnmmhrm could use some more work :-/ It's too cubic. I liked the weapon animation though.

The Androsynth however was quite good. Maybe some glow effects and transparency would hide the blazer ball transition better. The ship model was great, looks exactly like the "real" Smiley When we will have pkunk?Smiley

One thing which most of the time bothers me, is the lighting people use in space scenes. There's really no light coming except nearby star (or moon/planet) and maybe from the ship itself. Yes I know, it looks a bit boring if it's mostly black screen.. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length