The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:51:15 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Melee Stunt Videos 2: The Quickening
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Melee Stunt Videos 2: The Quickening  (Read 16599 times)
Shiver

Email
Melee Stunt Videos 2: The Quickening
« on: August 16, 2008, 02:33:26 am »

I've recently figured out how to prevent my videos from being thrown in a blender when I upload them to streaming websites, so this seems like a good occasion to post some new stunt videos. No tedious downloads will be involved this time, just hop right in. If you have any clips of your own, I will edit them into this first post for you so interested viewers may access them quickly. The other purpose of this thread is for you the viewer to conceive completely over the top UQM melee challenges for me. If it sounds entertaining and I can pull it off, I'll probably end up making a video of it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik vs. Kohr-Ah done better

I've made a video of this before, so I decided to be a perfectionist this time around. I imposed a time limit of 60 seconds and a "no damage sustained" rule upon myself.

Link: Viddler

Shofixti vs. Kohr-Ah

Another repeat. This one took me far too many attempts. If anyone wants to be a masochist, go ahead and try to top this video by doing the same thing in less time without taking a hit. I'll say something nice about you if you do it.

VUX vs. Two Earthlings

SSM wanted me to beat Earthling with VUX. I can't demonstrate the dynamic between the VUX Intruder and Earthling Cruiser with just one bout, so here's two. This one was more fun than I thought it would be to play. I almost made it through this without taking any damage whatsoever, but got careless near the end.

Ur-Quan vs. The Old Alliance of Free Stars

There seems to be a right way for Ur-Quan to trounce each individual Alliance vessel without getting beat up too badly. This test of endurance can be a lot of fun once you get the routine for every Allied ship down. If I had to rank them in order of which ships piss me off the most, the list would be Yehat, Chenjesu, Arilou, Earthling, Syreen, Mmrnmhrm, Shofixti.

Fun with Druuge

Several isolated matches of Druuge at its best against the computer. The opponents are Earthling, Chenjesu, Kohr-Ah and Mycon. There is no way I could have beaten all of these in a row.

????????????

Link: YouTube

« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:33:30 am by Shiver » Logged
SweetSassyMolassy
*Smell* controller

View Profile
Re: Melee Stunt Videos 2: The Quickening
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 03:04:26 am »

cool. good vids. Think you can beat a cruiser with a VUX? that would be a great video.

I am not always understand about what you speak, unfortunately.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 03:13:27 am »

cool. good vids. Think you can beat a cruiser with a VUX? that would be a great video.

If I load a VUX and an Earthling into the simulator and just go at it, the VUX will win almost automatically by starting with its gun pressed against Earthling's bow. But I know what you have in mind and that's worth a try.

EDIT: Done.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 05:05:14 am by Shiver » Logged
Ph
Zebranky food

baby we can photoshop until we both rofl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 08:51:40 am »

I think it would be entertaining to see a single Ur-Quan face the entire old Alliance line, if you can do that.

Also, the music in the ZFP video is awesome.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 09:44:32 am »

Quote from: Ph
I think it would be entertaining to see a single Ur-Quan face the entire old Alliance line, if you can do that.

Did it once before, so I suppose I can make time for it again. It was my best of the older video set. You might have already seen it.
Prowler2885

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 08:59:03 pm »

We can do a speedrun challenge of a Arilou vs. Arilou fight. I know that would take a while; especially against an awesome difficulty.

Same thing with a 5 on 5, VUX vs VUX mirror match. Or what about a single ship vs. a whole armada of Slylandro probes?
Elvish Pillager
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:29:40 pm »

Did you figure out how to do Ilwrath vs Chmmr? if so, that'd be a good one to put up.

My team of four Androsynth and three Chmmr is the most unfair team ever!
My mod
Shiver

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 09:49:46 pm »

Quote from: Elvish Pillager
Did you figure out how to do Ilwrath vs Chmmr? if so, that'd be a good one to put up.

Ugh, I hate that one. I don't suppose you can record and edit videos? It would be nice to see a few that don't have my name on them.

Quote from: Prowler2885
We can do a speedrun challenge of a Arilou vs. Arilou fight. I know that would take a while; especially against an awesome difficulty.

Same thing with a 5 on 5, VUX vs VUX mirror match. Or what about a single ship vs. a whole armada of Slylandro probes?

Not sure I want to run with any of these suggestions. Mirror matches aren't very visually exciting. Mmrnhrm mirror in PVP is pretty cool, but that's all I can think of. The Arilou and Slylandro are the AI's "fuck you" ships so I'm sure I'll be dealing with them at some point.
Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 06:02:29 pm »

Zoq-Fot-Pik vs. Kohr-Ah done better

Players: Shiver, Awesome Cyborg.

Synopsis: I've made a video of this before, so I decided to be a perfectionist this time around. I imposed a time limit of 60 seconds and a "no damage sustained" rule upon myself.

Should be shown to anyone who thinks that the Awesome Cyborg is a worthy opponent.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 08:32:58 pm »

Should be shown to anyone who thinks that the Awesome Cyborg is a worthy opponent.

Very true. The problem with PVP recordings is that you get about 95% stand-offs or immediate steamrollings and only 5% epic clashes. Maybe some choreographed PVP would be more fun to watch.

Update update update! It's a damn good one too, you guys best take a peak.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 08:34:54 pm by Shiver » Logged
SweetSassyMolassy
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 08:59:59 pm »

jeesh, the comp is so terrible

Shiver

Email
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 09:22:02 pm »

jeesh, the comp is so terrible

It does a lot of things well. Did you notice how long the Yehat took a constant beating before it croaked? I haven't seen any player work the shields that well. The computer's Arilou is almost immortal, but it doesn't warp away from shots that spawn an inch away from it very consistently.
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 11:47:11 am »

Yeah, AI 'Quan versus shofixti the computer's a total idiot and launches fighters. RIght - that's the point-blank glory device range plus all the fighters it's launched, that's some fairly hefty damage for 6 crew.
SweetSassyMolassy
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 12:06:06 am »

how about beating a couple juggers with an avatar?
A couple times I was able to beat a marauder with a skiff. I'm not sure if it's worthy of the stunt videos, but it was pretty fun to play and probably to watch.

psydev
*Many bubbles*

Why don't all races have point defense lasers?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 06:38:16 am »

hey, what was the music in the zoq fot vs. kohr-ah video?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length