The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:28:17 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Awesome Cyborg
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Awesome Cyborg  (Read 7099 times)
magenta

Email
Re: Awesome Cyborg
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 11:10:47 pm »

AWESOME CYBORG It's very hard sometimes!  Smiley

Check the link  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/UBCForce
jaychant
*Smell* controller

Please visit my homepage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 11:48:36 pm »

AWESOME CYBORG It's very hard sometimes!  Smiley

Check the link  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/UBCForce

Magenta, you realize you're resurrecting old, forgotten topics, right?

Anyways, regarding your statement: No, the cyborgs are all dumb. In fact, I'll give you a list:

Generally, all ships employ bad tactics and do not use the planet.

Androsynth gives little attempt to avoid dangers, and sometimes comets at bad times.

Arilou, being a flanking vessel, is not piloted especially bad. (Reaction time is the Cyborg's second strength)

Chenjesu puts way too much emphasis on creating DOGIs.

Chmmr has no unique faults.

Druuge has no unique faults and overall is not particularly bad. (Aim is the Cyborg's biggest strength)

Earthling doesn't aim its missiles (often firing when they have no chance of hitting) and uses point-defense against things that it can't stop.

Ilwrath has no unique faults and has a slight advantage when piloted by an AI (The Cyborg knows exactly where the Ilwrath is even when cloaked).

Kohr-Ah attempts to charge in close when the best tactic would be to stay far away and attack from long range.

Melnorme has no unique faults and overall is not particularly bad. (Aim is the Cyborg's biggest strength)

Mmrnmhrm has no unique faults.

Mycon puts too much emphasis on crew regeneration

Orz always tries to have at least 2 marines in the battlefield (unless it would drain his crew below 4), even if the other ship can easily kill or evade the marines.

Pkunk, being a flanking vessel, is not especially bad. (Reaction time is the Cyborg's second strength)

Shofixti has no unique faults.

Slylandro, being a flanking vessel, is not especially bad. (Reaction time is the Cyborg's second strength)

Spathi somehow manages to run into its own BUTT missiles frequently (I myself have never succeded in running into my own BUTT missiles on purpose. Maybe the Cyborg has a secret method. Roll Eyes)

Supox often bumps into the planet/ is very clumsy.

Syreen has no unique faults.

Thraddash is REALLY stupid; It charges in with its afterburner (putting it very dangerously close) and then shoots a couple times with its peashooter. In the unlikely event that it survives, it turns around and goes in the opposite direction when it sees that the other ship's weapon is pointed at the Torch. (Usually, before it can get away, it gets blown up by your weapons, with some exceptions)

Umgah is actually controlled well because the Cyborg can zip itself right next to the enemy ship and kill it almost instantly with the antimatter cone. But for some reason, the cyborg refuses to use the retro-propulsion unless its opponent is really far away, allowing humans to easily manipulate it.

Ur-Quan launches fighters even against ships that can easily kill them, allowing almost any ship to whittle down the Dreadnought by shooting its fighters.

Utwig doesn't shield against certain things like the Thraddash afterburner and the Kohr-Ah FRIED.

VUX has no unique faults.

Yehat is actually not all that bad (reaction is the Cyborg's second strength), but against Ur-Quan fighters and Orz marines, it doesn't shoot, it shields, usually resulting in its destruction.

Zoq-Fot-Pik has no unique faults.

"No unique faults" means it only has the general tactical faults. If I'm wrong (EP, Shiver, and the others), please correct me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 02:32:17 am by jaychant » Logged

Please visit my homepage.
Elvish Pillager
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 02:10:03 am »

Kohr-Ah attempts to charge in close when the best tactic would be to stay far away and attack from long range.
And, of course, wastes its FRIED energy.

(I have not played very much against supox, so this may be inaccurate)
Supox has no unique faults.
When you fight near the planet, it bumps into the planet fairly often because of its shoddy special usage. It's clumsy in other was too.

My team of four Androsynth and three Chmmr is the most unfair team ever!
My mod
jaychant
*Smell* controller

Please visit my homepage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 02:32:38 am »

(I have not played very much against supox, so this may be inaccurate)
Supox has no unique faults.
When you fight near the planet, it bumps into the planet fairly often because of its shoddy special usage. It's clumsy in other was too.
[/quote]

Thx, EP. Smiley

magenta

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 07:23:57 am »

I agree with you definitely but there's a one more thing I want tell you! I know the Cyborg is stupid yes but I wrote "sometimes is hard"!  When I won the four tournaments against friends and other peps here in my country and I have lost from them in the other tournaments! Man... sometimes the Cyborg was ultra hard more that some battles with people! Believe me I have battles against awesome pilots! Those videos from the link are the fan videos nothing more! And... Cyborg is stupid right? OK bro for that I fight one starship against seven or more! If you have a time cause I don't want to waste your time just watch my battle - Mycon against team and Kohr-Ah against team! If you have videos like those or videos - battle against your friends please give me the link! It will be a pleasure for me to watch your vids! Sorry for my bad english and peace friends!
jaychant
*Smell* controller

Please visit my homepage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 12:02:29 pm »

I agree with you definitely but there's a one more thing I want tell you! I know the Cyborg is stupid yes but I wrote "sometimes is hard"!  When I won the four tournaments against friends and other peps here in my country and I have lost from them in the other tournaments! Man... sometimes the Cyborg was ultra hard more that some battles with people! Believe me I have battles against awesome pilots! Those videos from the link are the fan videos nothing more! And... Cyborg is stupid right? OK bro for that I fight one starship against seven or more! If you have a time cause I don't want to waste your time just watch my battle - Mycon against team and Kohr-Ah against team! If you have videos like those or videos - battle against your friends please give me the link! It will be a pleasure for me to watch your vids! Sorry for my bad english and peace friends!

imo, the cyborg is only hard if its using:
Slylandro
Arilou
Pkunk (It seems to resurrect a billion times before defeated... So ANNOYING!)
Umgah (especially)

Otherwise, it's a cake walk to beat it.

SuddenDeath
Frungy champion

from Sunstrike's image pack

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 12:37:19 am »

Chmmr has no unique faults.
The Chmmr excessively uses the tractor beam, thus often being low on battery, making it unable to draw the enemy ship near with a stronger tractor beam (which could happen if it had more batt).

Druuge has no unique faults and overall is not particularly bad. (Aim is the Cyborg's biggest strength)
Druuge eats up tons of crew when facing a DOGI... which very quickly results in its death.

Mmrnmhrm has no unique faults.
The Mmrnmhrm tends to charge in while in Y-wing form, without changing to X-wing. A very dumb and often lethal move (sort of like what the Thraddash does).
It generally chooses its moments of transformation very poorly.

Zoq-Fot-Pik has no unique faults.
It can be somewhat clumsy, and tends to charge in at the wrong moments, thus easily dying.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:41:38 am by SuddenDeath » Logged
Elvish Pillager
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 02:51:31 am »

The Mmrnmhrm tends to charge in while in Y-wing form, without changing to X-wing. A very dumb and often lethal move (sort of like what the Thraddash does).
It generally chooses its moments of transformation very poorly.
Yup, and as with most ships, when you get to know the AI, you can viciously manipulate when it transforms.

My team of four Androsynth and three Chmmr is the most unfair team ever!
My mod
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length