The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:46:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod  (Read 118138 times)
Gekko
*Many bubbles*

Arena regular

View Profile
Re: Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »

Were you going to be releasing sourcecode too?  Either as a patch or a separate tree entirely?

The source is available in the Google Code link:

svn checkout http://uqm-hd.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ uqm-hd-read-only

Trying this now. Looks fantastic.

Visit #uqm-arena and play a game of Net Melee!
Try the Net Melee Improvement mod
xolotl
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2012, 07:24:38 pm »

The source is available in the Google Code link:

Ah, doy, should've thought to look there when I saw the Google Code link in that post.  :)  Thanks!
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »

The source code is also in the zip file.  We're going to start making a transition to sourceforge shortly.  Googlecode just has too many limits.   At the time, honestly, the idea of releasing the game felt more like a pipe dream so file size issues was the furthest thing from my mind.  Oldlaptop is taking care of the Linux stuff. Source is also available on Googlecode.

I posted a link on reddit.  I'd love to get some upvotes so others can find out about this game.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/15qhr3/urquan_masters_high_definition_star_control_2/

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
danzibr
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2013, 03:53:46 am »

You guys are totally awesome!

Downloading now.
Salk
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2013, 11:21:32 am »

dczanik,

could you please give us some details about what will come next?

I am eager to read more updates about your plans for this fantastic modfication!  Tongue
lassihie
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2013, 11:35:06 am »

Just downloading the file. Also, I made a topic about this HD mod on the forums of Pelit magazine, the biggest gaming publication in Finland, also a big Star Control 2 advocate.
lassihie
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2013, 11:43:51 am »

My initial thoughts: it works and looks pretty good. I'm not sure if I like the red coloured menu graphics, though. The increase in resolution may have done something to the AI, e.g. Androsynths never seem to engage you in melee unless you harass them with projectiles.
lassihie
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2013, 11:53:41 am »

My initial thoughts: it works and looks pretty good. I'm not sure if I like the red coloured menu graphics, though. The increase in resolution may have done something to the AI, e.g. Androsynths never seem to engage you in melee unless you harass them with projectiles.

Just tried out the actual game. Oh my god, oh my goooood. I'm incredibly excited! Looks awesome. Looks like we have a winner here!
(I can't help but post these stupid messages with very little amount of actual information. I'm just soooo excited.)
oldlaptop
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2013, 02:21:56 pm »

dczanik,

I am eager to read more updates about your plans for this fantastic modfication!  Tongue

A high-resolution version of the Balance Mod is being worked on, a working alpha of that will hopefully be ready by the end of this week.

Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
dogchainx
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »

The source code is also in the zip file.  We're going to start making a transition to sourceforge shortly.  Googlecode just has too many limits.   At the time, honestly, the idea of releasing the game felt more like a pipe dream so file size issues was the furthest thing from my mind.  Oldlaptop is taking care of the Linux stuff. Source is also available on Googlecode.

I posted a link on reddit.  I'd love to get some upvotes so others can find out about this game.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/15qhr3/urquan_masters_high_definition_star_control_2/

Just registered to say THANK YOU.  This is one of my favorite games of all time.  I just played this for 10 minutes, and the art is wonderfully done!  I can't wait to go through all the redone artwork.  This is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! 
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2013, 06:58:00 pm »

dczanik,

Well, we've got Linux now. We are going to get a balance mod soon. I'll be working on the 640x480 mode so it can work on laptops, and mobile devices. Hoping to get it ported to Android and Chrome Web browser.

We've got a new programmer who is working on a prototype animation system to allow for smooth rotations. It will be able to turn on/off for you melee vets. It's still too early to say when it's going to happen.

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2013, 07:11:20 pm »

Just tried out the actual game. Oh my god, oh my goooood. I'm incredibly excited! Looks awesome. Looks like we have a winner here!
(I can't help but post these stupid messages with very little amount of actual information. I'm just soooo excited.)

Glad you like it!

The black/red motif was just a way to seperate the look from UQM, and Project 6014. I went with the red slave shield and the Kohr-Ah for a red/black look. I plan on overhauling the GUI In the future to make it look less dated.

Never noticed the Androsynth problems. Anybody else having these issues?

- Damon
oldlaptop
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2013, 08:16:16 pm »

Well, we've got Linux now.

I'm afraid those packages aren't quite complete.  Embarrassed  I need to re-do the game data packages, since I didn't realize the HD mod changed UQM's base content package. I also need to find some way to get the ~600mb of data files onto Sourceforge, since I can't upload something that big over my Internet connection. I hope to have it all finished by the end of today (GMT -0500) or tomorrow at the latest.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:21:49 pm by oldlaptop » Logged

Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
Armass
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2013, 02:22:41 am »

Ive noticed a few gliches in species animations:

Yehat captain constantly blinks his eyes in rapid, looks silly.

Melnorme eye iris goes dark after doing that pupil switch thingie.

If I notice anything else ill let you know.
Salk
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:42 am »

Looking forward to player's feedback so that found bugs can be squashed in Alpha 2 (or Beta1?  Grin)!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length